The Parish of All Saints with Cowes St Faith's is located on the Isle of Wight, just west of Cowes. The parish has a church and a small garden room. The congregation numbers approximately 70 of varying ages. All Saints Church was built in 1893 as the village of Gurnard began to grow.
Our church was completed in 1893 and built of mostly local materials. Its design is based on a thirteenth-century style reflecting the Victorian Gothic revival. Originally there were rows of pews, but these have been replaced with more comfortable and adaptable chairs that harmonise with the red and yellow bricks.
At the back of the church is an octagonal stone font along with space for refreshments after services. Looking upwards the pitch pine timbered roof, supported by massive ‘A’ frames gives the sense of more space and provides good acoustics for singing and music. Passing by the brass lectern and oak pulpit the original choir stalls are on either side of the chancel with the organ chamber and the vestry behind them. Behind the altar there is a stained glass window with the Christus Rex crucifix on the north wall and a stone sedilia set into the south wall.
Outside in the church grounds is a Garden of Remembrance, and the Garden Room, which is used for many activities and has good views over the Jordan Valley. The timber spire, 8.5 metres, 28 feet tall can be seen from many distant vantage points.
If you would like more information this can be found in the Guide to All Saints’ Church.